The meatloaf is a classic dish that has been around for hundreds of years. Traditionally, it’s made with breadcrumbs and ground beef or pork. While this recipe is still popular today, you can also make healthy meatloaf by using other types of meats such as chicken or turkey and substituting whole grain breadcrumbs. The reason why this recipe isn’t as healthy as we want it to be is because of the fat content in meatballs – they’re typically made using ground beef which contains more fat than other cuts of meat like chicken breast or turkey breast.
What To Make Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
A healthy meatloaf recipe is a savory dish made from ground meats and vegetables baked in a loaf pan. It’s usually served with ketchup or other sauces, but you can also add things like cheese to make it extra tasty! Meatloaf can be made with many different types of ground meats including beef, pork, lamb and chicken.
The name “meatloaf” comes from its original recipe which contained only meat (no breadcrumbs). The word “loaf” refers to how this type of food is shaped like a loaf of bread when baked together in its pan before serving it up hot out on your plate! How do I make my own healthy version at home without any chemicals added?
How To Make Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
To make your own healthy meatloaf recipe, you’ll need:
- 3 pounds ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup (organic is best)
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork in a small bow
- Seasonings of choice (I like garlic powder and onion powder)
Next, add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Form into an 8×4 inch loaf shape on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Ingredients To Make Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
- Lean ground beef
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs (or you can use regular, but be sure it’s whole wheat)
- Onion (1/2 of a medium onion)
- Bell pepper (1 large or 2 small)
Tomato sauce is optional, but it adds flavor and moisture to your meatloaf it also helps keep the loaf together while baking. You can use any kind of tomato sauce here; I used canned because it was quick and easy! If you have time on your hands, making homemade tomato sauce would probably be better than using store-bought versions with added sugar or preservatives in them. In fact, making homemade everything is always best!
Steps To Make Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs and egg.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Add 1/2 cup of this mixture to your meat mixture along with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until everything is evenly combined then shape into 4-5 loaves on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet (make sure you spray it with nonstick spray first). Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through completely!
It’s Easier Than You May Think to Make a Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
You may think that making a healthy meatloaf recipe would be too difficult, but it’s actually easier than you may think. You can make meatloaf for dinner or lunch and it is also very cheap to buy. Meatloaf is one of those meals that everyone loves and will never get tired of eating because it tastes so good!
In conclusion, this is a great recipe for those who want to eat healthy but don’t have time for cooking. The ingredients are easy to find at any grocery store and can be mixed together in minutes. Try this great recipe by yourself at home!